Interact Media

Interact Media is a company that I recently started writing for. Basically, they operate a website called Zerys that serves as a place for freelance writers to work with bloggers or website owners who need content for their sites. The operation is much like Textbroker and Writer Access where each writer has a rating which ranges from 2 to 5 stars. Each assignment pays on a per cent basis and can range anywhere from 0.07 cents per word to .16 cents per word.

Let it be known that most assignments are on the lower end of the spectrum, and it's rare to find assignments that exceed 3.5 cents per word. The payment structure is pretty straightforward and payments are given twice a month via PayPal. 

While I've only been writing for Interact Media for a few weeks, I have a pretty good idea of how the whole operation works. I think the worst thing about this company is the overall lack of assignments. I initially started out with a 4 star rating and half the time I logged in, there were absolutely no assignments. After I completed 3 assignments, the client gave me a couple of 5 star ratings which brought me up to a 5 star rating overall.

Once I hit this mark, there were a reasonable amount of assignments available with many of them paying pretty well. However, one 3 star rating brought me back down to 4 stars and I'm back to the same problem of not having hardly any assignments. I actually find it hard to believe the difference between 4 and 5 stars.

In my opinion, Interact Media is a decent source of side income, but there is no way I would consider writing for this site exclusively. It's reasonably easy to get hired on, but the lack of assignments is frustrating at times.  Nonetheless I would recommend giving it a try if you are a writer looking to diversify your income.

Click here to check out the Interact Media writer's FAQs

Click here to apply for a writing position

No comments:

Post a Comment